I realised I had to bite the bullet in the end though, colours would reinforce that working class taste I’m after, as well as bring out the colours of the figurines. I wasn’t going to jump in there feet first though; I began making samples using the colours and wallpaper coverings. Mixing and matching the order of the different colours with different wallpaper styles really helped! – Even if it did get a little bit confusing. The colours worked well together but there was something not quite right about that yellow. Originally the yellow would be paired with the boarder, but using the samples I found that the boarder worked much better with the salmon pink. I tell you what though I’m glad I didn’t buy that ‘coffee’ colour- that definitely didn’t wasn’t nice!